About Me

My photo
A small town Wisconsin girl, living in New England and sharing my thoughts on this crazy, beautiful life! Welcome.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesdays are for Music: The Vespers

I love music. Not just one kind either, like country, or jazz. I actually listen to country and jazz and folk and indie and rock and classical and well, you get the point. One thing I'd like to do on this blog is to share my love of music. Because who doesn't want something new for their ears to explore, right? So, every Tuesday check back here for a song to make your Tuesday a bit more interesting. It might be something you already know, or it may be something entirely new to you. Take it or leave it, it'll be here. I don't know about you, but sometimes I need to hear The Talking Heads, but other times its a "Hips-Don't- Lie" kind of a day and I'll be dancing to Shakira in my bedroom, pretending I know how to move my hips. Either way, I'll post some music on Tuesdays for your listening pleasure.
     This song, "Footprints in the Snow," is one that I only recently discovered, but fell in love with because of its haunting sound. The band is called The Vespers and is made up of two brothers from Tennessee and a set of sisters (unrelated to the guys).
They have a very cool folk sound, great harmony and unique lyrics, which is always refreshing (cough, cough, Ariana Grande).So give it a listen and, if you want, tell me what you think in the comment section below. Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. She has a captive voice. Since you gave me a cool song, here's one I actually just discovered today and can't stop listening to: Fairytale of New York, Covered by Walk off the Earth. Not sure if you know it or not. A little language, I think too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gzJFwB0JzE

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It's so good! Thanks for sharing it with me! :)

    ReplyDelete