About Me

My photo
A small town Wisconsin girl, living in New England and sharing my thoughts on this crazy, beautiful life! Welcome.

Friday, December 12, 2014

homeward bound

    Home for me is Wisconsin. It's the land of cheese, feisty Packer fans, and plenty of beer. Wisconsiners are, for the most part, some of the most down-to-earth people you'll meet, and whether you need another batch of batter-fried cheese curds, or a helping hand when your car inevitably slides off a wintry road, a Wisconsiner won't fail you.
    More importantly, though, I'm returning to my home, to a beautiful house, at the top of what is, I'm sure, a dauntingly icy driveway, where a fat, old beagle and a sleepy cat await.
Honoria Glossup, my sassy cat.

Bertie, our fat and loveable beagle. 
 It's time to go home, hug my parents and siblings, hold babies, read books in front of a cozy wood stove, and just breathe in the delicious, familiar scents that come with a place well known to me. Goodbye New England, it's been grand. I'll be back in January, but for now, I'm homeward bound.

   

2 comments:

  1. I like those P.G. Wodehousian pet names! Are you a Wodehouse fan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! My parents introduced my siblings and I to the TV series with Hugh Laurie when we were young and we ust loved it! I actually have had him on my reading list for awhile, but haven't read one of his books yet.

    ReplyDelete