About Me

My photo
A small town Wisconsin girl, living in New England and sharing my thoughts on this crazy, beautiful life! Welcome.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tuesday Tunes: the Talking Heads "This Must be the Place"

As a kid I didn't listen to the radio much. Instead, I jammed out to the music my parents loved. I danced around the living room to Talking Heads, belted "You're So Vain", and played our Earth, Wind, and Fire CD into the ground. As I got older my tastes changed and I went through different phases in music, succumbing to the angsty stage of  middle school, and then later, growing to love more alternative music. Now, I listen to those old favorites once again, and oftentimes share my new-found music taste with my Dad. (He loves Of Monsters and Men!)  Here's an older song I want to share with you. If you grew up around this era it'll probably be familiar. It's slightly quirky, but definitely fun (kind of sounds like me...). So here it is, a song making me seriously nostalgic, "This Must Be the Place" by the Talking Heads. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment