About Me

My photo
A small town Wisconsin girl, living in New England and sharing my thoughts on this crazy, beautiful life! Welcome.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tuesday Tunes: A Fine Frenzy "Almost Lover"

Today's song is slower, more melancholic and a tad angsty, about of a love gone wrong. It's written and performed by songwriter Alison Sudol, who is the lead singer of A Fine Frenzy.The lyrics are shared below because they themselves are beautiful and perfect for this cloudy, winter's day. Enjoy!
Alison Sudol, lead singer of A Fine Frenzy


                                                      Listen to this song on Youtube!
 
                                         Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy
                                          Your fingertips across my skin
                                          The palm trees swaying in the wind, images
                                          You sang me Spanish lullabies
                                          The sweetest sadness in your eyes, clever trick

                                          Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy
                                           I thought you'd want the same for me

                                         Goodbye, my almost lover
                                         Goodbye, my hopeless dream
                                          I'm trying not to think about you
                                          Can't you just let me be?

                                          So long, my luckless romance
                                          My back is turned on you
                                          Should've known you'd bring me heartache
                                          Almost lovers always do

                                         We walked along a crowded street
                                         You took my hand and danced with me in the shade
                                         And when you left you kissed my lips
                                         You told me you would never ever forget these images, no

                                         Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy
                                          I thought you'd want the same for me

                                          Goodbye, my almost lover
                                          Goodbye, my hopeless dream
                                          I'm trying not to think about you
                                          Can't you just let me be?

                                          So long, my luckless romance
                                          My back is turned on you
                                          Should've known you'd bring me heartache
                                          Almost lovers always do

                                         I cannot go to the ocean
                                         I cannot try the streets at night
                                         I cannot wake up in the morning
                                        Without you on my mind

                                        So you're gone and I'm haunted
                                        And I bet you are just fine
                                        Did I make it that easy to walk
                                        Right in and out of my life?

                                       Goodbye, my almost lover
                                       Goodbye, my hopeless dream
                                       I'm trying not to think about you
                                      Why can't you just let me be?

                                       So long, my luckless romance
                                       My back is turned on you
                                       Should've known you'd bring me heartache
                                       Almost lovers always do
                     
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment