About Me

My photo
A small town Wisconsin girl, living in New England and sharing my thoughts on this crazy, beautiful life! Welcome.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday Tunes: Alexandre Desplat "The Meadow" and "Benjamin and Daisy"

    It's been all work and no play for me lately but, thankfully, Spring Break is just around the corner!  All of this studying, though, has given me the chance to just shut myself in my dorm room and listen to some incredible instrumental pieces. These pieces, without a single word, convey an enormous amount of emotion. Not to mention, they're great to just listen to while curled up in a blanket, drinking Yogi tea, and writing a paper with the space heater warming my toes. Trust me, I'm an expert at this!
   
So, this week I'm sharing a couple of pieces by the two time Grammy-winning composer, Alexandre Desplat. His music is a new discovery for me, although I've seen many of the films for which he has composed.

The first piece is called "The Meadow" and just because it was written for the Twilight series doesn't make it any less beautiful. I simply consider it outside of the context of the amusing Vampire-Werewolf- Human love triangle.

 The second piece, also by Desplat, is from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and is titled "Benjamin and Daisy." This piece is simple, yet lovely and definitely a great piece for paper-writing! Enjoy and Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment