About Me

My photo
A small town Wisconsin girl, living in New England and sharing my thoughts on this crazy, beautiful life! Welcome.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

It's 3 a.m.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder. It's what they all say. 
I think I'd have to agree, for I have never loved him more than in these months of separation. I have never felt my heart strings pulled so tightly, like an old puppet's, as when I think for a split second it is his voice I hear while hurrying to morning classes. I've never had a harder time falling asleep than these weeks of knowing he is hundreds of miles away.
 I wish I could say that I'm strong and independent without him, but the truth is, I don't want to be. I want nothing more than to be vulnerable if it means he is here; to be dependent, if it is his strong shoulders on which I depend. I don't even mind that my normal "no-romance" face is crumbling, because what the hell, it's 3 a.m. and I miss you more than anything, love. 

Yeah, I've got it bad, this love thing. 
_________________________________________________________________________________



2 comments: